Visit NFL from the sidelines on the new Observer-Reporter site: http://www.observer-reporter.com/section/BLOGS08

Monday, March 20, 2006

New commish

The next commissioner of the NFL may very well have ties to Washington, Pa.

Roger Goodell, the NFL's chief operating officer, has been widely rumored to be the next commissioner when Paul Tagliabue retires, something he will now do in July.

Goodell, a native of Jamestown, N.Y., is a 1981 graduate of Washington & Jefferson College and has worked for the league since 1982.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Interesting you bring this up. Was just talking about this with some guys and they told me that Art Rooney II was a candidate, which I haven't heard anything about. I think Jack Kemp would be a good candidate..former player.

Dale Lolley said...

Kemp would have the resume. I doubt Rooney would want the job. I also doubt the league would give it to an owner. They've seen the PR problems that has caused in baseball.